Minimum 5 Favorite Blogs
I will be honest. I do not read many blogs regularly and do not subscribe to many. Earlier in this series I mentioned three of my favorite blogs.
- My friend and colleague, Aimee Levens has a fun and informative blog, the EcoFeminst. She discusses all kinds of things from cooking and gardening to women’s issues.
- Danielle Herzog wrote Martini and Minivans until October of this year. I just love her sense of humor and lack of guile. You can still read the archives, and you should. She is funny!
- The Dreamstress. If you like fashion, this is a must. Written by Leimomi Oakes, a freelance fashion and textile historian, former museum professional, potential PhD student, sewing teacher, writer, and part-time university lecturer. She uncovers stunning historical clothing and sews replicas.
- David Marquet is a former U.S. Navy submarine commander. He has a quick and informative video blog on leadership, Intent-Based Leadership. I often recommend it to my clients.
- LIW, a leadership training organization in Australia has a great brief blog, Bleets. They discuss new research on leadership and quick tips.
This accounts for some of my weekly reading. I enjoy catching-up with them weekly. I always felt that if I learn something from them or laugh, then it’s time well spent.